Wednesday, December 21, 2011

More holiday music:


["Got Something For You" - Best Coast & Wavves]

Cute! And catchy. There's not that much to this song, so that's all I have to say.


["Oh Santa!" - Mariah Carey]

I heard this in a store today and my initial thought was "Mariah Carey has more than one Christmas song?" This was the lead single from her second Christmas album, released last year.


["I Wish It Was Christmas Today" - Horatio Sanz, Jimmy Fallon, Chris Kattan, & Tracy Morgan]

SNL has contributed some true classics to the holiday music catalog--most notably, "The Chanukah Song," which was first performed on Weekend Update! This version was performed on SNL last weekend (SUCH AN EXCELLENT EPISODE, YOU GUYS), but it's been performed a number of other times on television (you can find a collection of them here; I'm partial to the version with the Muppets) and covered by Julian Casablancas.

No comments:

Post a Comment